You will be responsible for:
• Case Management to ensure that customer enquiries are resolved effectively in line with divisional objectives.
• Process cases: update internal systems and liaise with other areas of the business as required.
• Resolve cases: Liaise with customers as necessary to ascertain and validate any gaps/questions over a request, resolve and close cases.
• Maintaining consistent case closure rate average, in line with the rest of the team.
• Maintain consistent re-open rate, in line with the rest of the team.
• Creating and using knowledge-based articles and embed into the daily process in order to foster a self-help facility for CS staff and Customers.
• Providing information on continuously improving the “First time Fix” culture within the department.
• Keeping abreast of developments and gain familiarity with new products.
• Maintenance of desk instructions and relevant documents, ensuring that they are kept up to date and meet ISO Standards.
• Managing order processing
• Managing customer standing order process
• Producing product and service reports and update reports
• Providing required Management Information and reporting information.
• Actively contributing to Continual Improvement activities, review processes undertaken within Customer Services, and raising suggestions for improvement or change.
• Ensuring that the voice of the customer is heard and represented across the UKHO, to create a customer centric organisation
• Providing out of hours on-call support to customers.
Working with a team of specialists requires the successful candidate to work both independently and collaborate with others. The individual must also be flexible and be able to adapt to their environment. This role also offers the potential to take on team leader roles and responsibilities.
Tasks will be managed on a rota basis to cover the range of required activities. This post will be working 0600-2200 Monday to Friday and out of hours on call emergency cover. The post holder will be expected to work on any of the shift rotations, with appropriate notice.
(Please note: you will only be marked on the sift and interview criteria under "selection process details")
• Strong investigation skills that enable the quick and effective resolution of customer service queries.
• Ability to analyse information and make considered, timely decisions
• The ability to grasp complex issues quickly, display sound judgment and multi-task, prioritising as appropriate
• Excellent team player
• Excellent time management
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to build strong working relationships with customers and other business functions.
• Experience in a customer or public facing role with the ability to work on initiative to prioritise workload
• Good IT literacy
• Experience of SAP, D365 and other MS packages
• Case Relationship Management (CRM) experience
• Knowledge of ADMIRALTY products and Services
• Experience of working within the Maritime industry
Civil Service Behaviours (Level 2)
Further information on the civil service behaviours can be accessed here
• Seeing the Bigger Picture
• Making effective decisions
• Communicating and Influencing
• Delivering at Pace
• Managing a quality service
• Working Together
Things you need to know
• This role is open to full time, part time, job share. The UKHO will consider flexible working or workplace adjustments, where appropriate.
• Security – successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
• The successful candidate must be able to travel as required, both nationally and internationally.
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules. If you’re applying for a role requiring security clearance, please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.