About the job
The NCA is an organisation which leads the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. This includes class A drugs, child exploitation, people smuggling and human trafficking, major gun crime, fraud, cyber crime, money laundering and the corruption that organised criminals use to facilitate these crimes.
We work to imprison serious criminals, and use many other tactics to disrupt crime and keep people safe. In particular, we want to ensure crime doesn’t pay and that it’s harder to commit. We also draw on innovative new approaches to prevent crimes from happening in the first place.
We expect our Officers to work to the highest standards of behaviour in everything they do.
Our values and behaviours are:
- Flexibility – seeking continuous improvements to the way that we work, adapting to find solutions to difficult problems.
- Integrity – acting with the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
- Respect – treating everyone with dignity and respect, valuing diversity, working in partnership, and sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Serving the public – being proud to put the public interest at the centre of everything we do.
- Transparency – being truthful, open and accountable for our actions.
- Grade & Role Title: G4 Senior Officer – HUMINT, Cover Officer (UCO)
- Vacancy Reference Number: HP1367801SS
- Open to: Substantive and External Staff on Lateral Transfer or Promotion, Permanent
- Location: Flexible
- Closing Date: 11th August 2017 at Midday
- Generic Role Profile Number: RP14318
- Salary: The salary for this position is £33,286. Where existing Civil Servants apply on transfer to the NCA at the equivalent grade, pay principles on Civil Service transfers will apply. All other salary offers will be made within the advertised band.
To supervise the deployment of undercover officers and assets in support of National Crime Agency (NCA) projects and investigations. To maximise collection opportunities that are in line with the organisational intelligence requirements. Collecting information, intelligence and / or evidence in support of operations into complex serious and organised crime at both a national and international level.
Essential at Entry:
- To have successfully completed an accredited advanced undercover course.
Desirable at Entry:
- Investigator trained such as Police National Investigator, HMRC Specialist Investigator or NCA Investigator.
Please carefully read all the information on this advert and the attached documents.
Candidates must fully complete the attached two forms to be considered for this vacancy:
• External Application Form
• Equality & Diversity Form
Please return both documents to email@example.com mailbox no later than 12.00hrs Midday on 11/08/2017.
If you already work for the NCA and wish to apply for this role you must complete the Internal Application Form found on the NCA intranet.
The Application Form, Guidance Notes, Role Profile and Personal Qualities Framework (PQF) should be attached. If they are not or you can not download them please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack
**To ensure that your application / emails regarding this vacancy are actioned please ensure that the title of the email contains G4 Senior Officer - HUMINT, Cover Officer (UCO) - HP1367801SS**
Should an application arrive after the stated deadline it will not be included in the recruitment process, regardless of the reason.
Should you be successful at short listing but cannot attend on the date/time allocated to yourself for an interview date The Recruitment Team cannot guarantee an alternate date, regardless of the reason.
If you wish to make a complaint in relation to any stage of the recruitment and selection process please email email@example.com. please ensure that you refer to the campaign reference number. If you remain dissatisfied following the outcome of your complaint you have the right to contact the Civil Service Commission to pursue it further.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role and for specified roles DV clearance within the first 12 months as part of your probation period.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- Behavioural Competency 1 - Teamwork and Partnership
- Behavioural Competency 2 - Strategic Thinking
- Behavioural Competency 3 - Innovation
- Behavioural Competency 4 - People Management
- Behavioural Competency - Change
- Technical Competency 1 - In depth knowledge of law enforcement investigations and criminal justice procedures including CPIA, PACE, RIPA and PII
- Technical Competency 2 - Demonstrate Risk Management Skills
- Technical Competency 3 - Proven relevant experience of UCO working; Operational experience in a covert and overt capacity in serious and organised crime operations at both a national and international level
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is developed vetting
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Candidates in their probationary period are not eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code
sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Sue Shepherd - 0117 372 0056
Sift/interview dates and location