Stage 1: Application
Your application will consist of three parts:
1. A Personal Details application form.
2. Your employment history detailing your responsibilities, skills, accomplishments, plus your qualifications and relevant training. Please copy this information into the box field provided.
3. Personal statement 1250 words.
When giving details in your CV you should highlight your experience in line with essential criteria below:
• Demonstrate ability to develop effective relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively with colleagues across multi-functional teams.
• Demonstrate good experience of effectively communicating at different levels across a range of stakeholders using a variety of methods including digital, written and verbal.
• Demonstrate good experience of interpreting complex and/or technical information and give explanations to colleagues, stakeholders and customers adopting the most appropriate method of communication to simplify and ensure understanding.
• Demonstrate good experience of working under pressure and ensuring actions are completed in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate experience of analysing and interpreting complex data, using sound judgement to recommend considered approaches to improve situations and tasks.
• Deliver excellent customer service which balances quality and cost effectiveness.
The sift panel will use the information in your employment history and personal statement to assess your experience, skills and knowledge against the essential criteria above.
For Hints and Tips on completing your application visit our blog Getting Hired at DWP Digital .
Throughout the whole recruitment process – application and interview – the accuracy and clarity of your communication will be assessed.
Applications will be sifted at regular intervals from the date the posts are advertised. Please apply as soon as you can, do not wait until the end of the campaign.
• You will be asked to complete your employment history any information that you would customarily share on a CV should therefore be entered onto the application form.
• Personal details that could be used to identify you including your name, contact details and address must be removed for your application to be considered.
• If your employment history/personal statement contains any personal details your application will be withdrawn.
Stage 2: Interview
If you’re successful at sift stage you will be invited to a video interview via Microsoft Teams. There, you will be assessed against the following Behaviours and Technical Skill:
• Changing and Improving
• Making Effective Decisions
• Communicating and Influencing
• Working Together
• Problem Management
Ensures that the right actions are taken to investigate, resolve and anticipate problems. Coordinates the team to investigate problems, implement solutions and take preventative measures. Able to dissect a problem to its component parts to identify and diagnose root causes. Able to troubleshoot and identify problems across different technology capabilities. Takes accountability of issues that occur and is proactive in searching for potential problems. Achieves excellent user outcomes.
Interviews are expected to take place from February 2022.
Sift and Interview Dates to be confirmed.
A reserve list may be held for a period of 6 months from which further appointments can be made.
Any move to DWP from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility at here
If a person with disabilities is put at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should:
Contact Government Recruitment Service via Digitalrecruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs.
Complete the “Assistance required” section in the “Additional requirements” page of your application form to tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process. For instance, you may need wheelchair access at interview, or if you’re deaf, a Language Service Professional.
If successful and transferring from another Government Department a criminal record check may be carried out.
In order to process applications without delay, we will be sending a Criminal Record Check to Disclosure and Barring Service on your behalf. However, we recognise in exceptional circumstances some candidates will want to send their completed forms direct. If you will be doing this, please advise Government Recruitment Service of your intention by emailing Pre-EmploymentChecks.email@example.com stating the job reference number in the subject heading.
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to a check on the Internal Fraud Database (IFD). This check will provide information about employees who have been dismissed for fraud or dishonesty offences. This check also applies to employees who resign or otherwise leave before being dismissed for fraud or dishonesty had their employment continued. Any applicant’s details held on the IFD will be refused employment.
A candidate is not eligible to apply for a role within the Civil Service if the application is made within a 5 year period following a dismissal for carrying out internal fraud against government.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the 'Contact point for applicants' section.
Before applying for this vacancy, current employees of DWP should check whether a successful application would result in changes to their terms & conditions of employment, e.g. mobility, pay, allowances. Civil Servants that would transfer into DWP from other government organisations, following successful application, will assume DWP's terms & conditions of employment current on the day they are posted, unless DWP has stated otherwise in writing.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.