NS&I Chief Executive Officer
National Savings and Investments
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 2nd January 2023
Type of role
Number of jobs available
There are eight major aspects to this role:
- To lead the creation and implementation of NS&Iís business strategy to deliver cost-effective financing to HM Treasury, provide administration services to other parts of government (Government Payment Services) and help the government deliver policy through the provision of ad hoc products and services as required.
- To balance the interests of customers, the taxpayer and broader financial stability in the context of NS&Iís activities.
- To lead NS&I in its transition to a new multi-supplier operating model as part of the inflight Rainbow programme.
- To effectively manage and incentivise NS&Iís new operational partners at a senior level to deliver the agreed business plans efficiently and in line with NS&Iís values.
- To ensure that NS&I meets its Service Delivery Measures and its commitments to B2B clients.
- To ensure that high standards of governance and compliance are implemented and maintained particularly treating customers fairly.
- To chair NS&Iís executive management committee and act as a member of NS&Iís board, contributing to debates and decision- making about the future direction of the business.
- Promote the positive reputation of NS&I within the Civil Services and publicly.
†‒ Provide direction and leadership to the executive team, setting clear short- and long-term objectives and maximising the skills within the team.
‒ Ensure that NS&I has the resources it requires to deliver its strategic objectives and has the necessary risk management culture and infrastructure to ensure the business operates within the agreed risk appetite.
‒ Ensure the efficient use of public money and that NS&I operates within the guidelines set out within Civil Service frameworks.
†‒ Represent NS&I externally in the media and at Public Accounts Committee, HM Treasury Select Committee and other governance forums as required.
‒ Ensure NS&I is an attractive and inclusive place to work with a strong and open culture based on brand values and good work/life balance.
‒ Build relationships across government and the wider financial services sector to maintain the profile of NS&I as a leading savings organisation and provider of government payment services.
‒ Develop close relationships with key strategic partners at a senior level.
‒ Work closely with the non-executive chair of the NS&I Board and chairs of the other board committees to ensure appropriate whole business governance arrangements are in place and functioning effectively.
A successful and widely respected Senior Executive with a strong track record of strategic leadership and management in a comparable organisation.
Experience of delivering a major change/transformation programme with a track record of managing elevated risk profiles and leading commercial negotiations at a senior level.
Experience of the retail financial services environment, including regulators, trade associations, and other relevant stakeholders.
Proven track record in developing capability and capacity within a professional organisation to deliver high quality outcomes aligned to the organisationís vision, values and strategic aims.
Track record of developing strategic partnerships with a wide range of Stakeholders, in particular the management of large outsourcing arrangements.
Experience of promoting a positive personal and organisational profile.
Able to manage financial budgets and clear demonstration of effective resource management. Operated effectively at Board level or at a comparable level.
Highly successful track record of success in communications.
NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK with 25 million customers and more than £207 billion invested. We are both a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Our origins can be traced back over 150 years to 1861.
†A small company with a big reach we offer a range of benefits to include flexible working, great opportunities for development and a generous pension scheme. We care for colleagues, respect one another, invest in our people and manage talent effectively.
†Some benefits of working at NS&I include:†
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible hybrid working options
- 9 day fortnight scheme
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- Generous annual leave Ė starting at 25 days, increasing to 30 days
- Performance related variable pay bonus
- Enhanced Maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
Selection process details
NS&I has appointed GatenbySanderson to assist with this recruitment exercise. Please see full details of the vacancy and how to apply here:
This role is subject to Enhanced Security Check and financial credit checks.
A reserve list may be held for a period of 12 months from which further appointments can be made.
Working for NS&I
NS&I is currently trialling a Hybrid Working Policy and colleagues are expected to work in one of our office locations London, Durham, Lytham or Glasgow a minimum of two days per week.† Depending upon the outcome of the trial, the number of occasions you are expected to attend the office may change.
Any move to NS&I from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax-Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility at https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/.
As this role will require some travel to other sites, please be aware if you travel to a second location on average 4 days a month, you may be liable for P11D taxation.† If you have any queries concerning this please contact the NS&I HR Team.
If you are applying for a role at the same NS&I band as you are currently and the advertised salary is lower than your current salary, if you are successful and accept the role you will need to accept the role at or close to the advertised salary, which would involve your current salary being reduced.
Please visit our website http://nsandi-corporate.com/about-nsi for further details about NS&I.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
- Name : Darra Power Mooney
- Email : email@example.com
Recruitment team :
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org