PR24 Company Engagement Specialist
Ofwat (Water Services Regulation Authority)
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 11th June 2023
Length of employment
Type of role
Number of jobs available
About the job
Ofwat (The Water Services Regulation Authority) is a non-ministerial government department. We regulate the water sector in England and Wales.
Safe, reliable and sustainable water and wastewater services are essential for our day-to-day lives, our well-being, and our natural world. Our role is to help the sector build trust and confidence with customers, the environment and wider society.
We are forward-thinking, creative, innovative and ambitious. We actively encourage autonomy, collaboration and innovation and there’s a real adult culture fostered by trust, flexibility and respect.
In 2023 we were awarded 'Smarter Working Maturity' recognition for the way that Ofwat has embraced new and modern ways of working, reflecting the spaces we provide, technology we have deployed and the culture and leadership we have embedded to empower choice and flexibility for our people.
Please read the attached "Candidate Information Pack" to find more about why you should join Ofwat.
The Team and The Role
We have an opportunity for a PR24 Company Engagement Specialist to join our company engagement team here at Ofwat.
***Internal job title – Senior Associate, Company Engagement – PR24***
The PR24 company engagement team will develop and deliver extensive stakeholder management activities, with a principal focus on the relationship between Ofwat and water companies throughout the next regulatory price review – PR24. The PR24 price review will set the revenues for water companies as well as the outcomes that they will need to deliver for the period from 2025 to 2030.
We published our final methodology for PR24 in December 2022. This shares our approach to driving companies to deliver value for customers and the environment, and to meet four key ambitions for PR24:
- Delivering greater environmental and social value;
- Reflecting a clearer understanding of customers and communities;
- Driving improvements through efficiency and innovation; and
- Increasing focus on the long term.
Managing the relationship between Ofwat and water companies is integral to ensuring PR24 can deliver on these ambitions.
As a Pr24 Company Engagement Specialist, you would:
- Manage relationships between Ofwat and water companies.
- Where required support the wider team in managing relationships with other stakeholders and with other engagement activities.
- Assist with developing internal and external communication materials, speeches, briefings and publications and deal with queries.
- Communicate findings internally and externally through presentations, publications, social media, and meetings/telephone calls with companies
- Help develop cross-cutting all company (or individual) updates and insight for internal meetings and Boards
- Be proactive in raising and managing any risks and issues which emerge through engagement with companies and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate is expected to have the below attributes, skills, experience and knowledge.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of building professional relationships and possession of strong interpersonal skills to achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to analyse complex information and ideas and use multiple sources of information to create meaningful analysis and identify solutions
- Problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as sound judgement
- Good oral and written communication skills, including using PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Be innovative, challenge the norm and constantly look for improvements and efficiencies
- You make relationships count
- You promote collaboration
- You are an adaptable thinker
- You deliver outcomes
You can read more about Attributes in Ofwat’s Framework for Success.
- A generous Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to max 30 with each year of service) plus bank holidays and 2.5 days privilege leave days
- access to exclusive discounts on a range of goods and services such as retail outlets, theatre tickets, holidays, insurance and gym membership;
- flexible working arrangements;
- fees paid for membership of relevant professional bodies;
- up to 3 volunteering days per year
- generous shared parental leave and pay;
- recognition vouchers;
- cycle-to-work scheme;
- season ticket loan for travel between home and office;
- regular professional development;
- health and well-being initiatives
Things you need to know
Selection process details
How to apply
Applicants should apply through the Civil Service Jobs website. You will be asked to create an account and complete an application form, including a personal statement. If you are unable to make an electronic application, you may submit your application on paper. Please contact us to find out how at email@example.com
- Closing date 11.55 pm on 11th June 2023
- Sifting W/C 12th Junel 2023
- Interview date(s) W/C 19th and W/C 26th June 2023
At sift stage we will assess your application and personal statement against some of the essential Skills, Experience, and Knowledge, listed in the professional requirements table above.
As part of the application, you will be required to write a personal statement. In your personal statement please describe clearly how your skills, experience, and knowledge meet the essential criteria.
Interview and presentation
We will test against attributes, as well as skills, experience, and knowledge (set out in the professional requirements section above) during the interview process. You can read more about Attributes in Ofwat’s Framework for Success.
As part of the interview process, we will require a short presentation. Further details will be provided to shortlisted candidates upon invitation to interview.
Please note that the interviews will be conducted via video conferencing software (Microsoft Teams).
Please read the attached "Candidate Information Pack" for details on terms and conditions.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles (opens in a new window).
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
- Name : Polly Stefanova
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email : email@example.com