CPRD Senior Data Engineer (Real World Data) - £56,353 p.a. + benefits
Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 5th October 2023
Type of role
Number of jobs available
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer (Real World Data) to join our Clinical Practice Research Datalink team in the Safety and Surveillance group.
This is a full-time opportunity, on a permanent basis. The role will be based in 10 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf London, E14 4PU. Please be aware that this role can only be worked in the UK and not overseas. We are currently implementing a flexible, hybrid way of working, with a minimum of 4 days per month working on site to enable the collaboration and contact with partners and stakeholders needed to deliver MHRA business. Attendance on site is driven by business needs so depending on the nature of the role, this can flex up to 8 days a month, with the remainder of time worked either remotely or in the office. Some roles will need to be on site more regularly.
Who are we?
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency enhance and improve the health of millions of people every day through the effective regulation of medicines and medical devices, underpinned by science and research.
The new Safety and Surveillance Group brings together into a single integrated structure devices and medicines safety expertise with enforcement capabilities. These functions will be supported by our data and evidence generating capabilities complementing our signal generating capabilities produced via the new Safety Connect System.
Part of the Safety and Surveillance group, The Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD), jointly sponsored by the Agency and the National Institute for Health Care Research (NIHR), is the UK’s preeminent research service providing access to anonymised NHS data for research. In addition to supporting high quality observational research, CPRD has developed world leading services based on using real world data to support clinical trials and interventional studies.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the UK Government’s premier data-driven research service. We are seeking an individual with team or project leadership skills who is experienced in data processing, data access, and data analysis systems to develop and support end-to-end data processing solutions. Responsibilities include developing end-to-end Extraction Transform Load (ETL) data processing solutions from data collection through to; maintaining and supporting CPRD’s data processing pipelines; ensuring data assets are of high quality and accompanied with appropriate levels of metadata; and identifying optimisations to enable scaling and repeatable use of data.
- Development of end-to-end Extraction Transform Load (ETL) data processing.
- Continuous Improvement and Enhancements.
- Add value to research datasets.
- Assure, monitor, and validate data flows and people management.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level, or equivalent, in either a computer science-based, IT-based, maths-based, or related discipline, or equivalent wok-related experience.
- Have hands on experience of designing, building, and testing data products that are complex or large scale.
- Have hands on experience of selecting and implementing the appropriate technologies to deliver resilient, scalable and future-proofed data solutions.
- Have proven ability of responding to problems in databases, data processes, data products and services as they occur.
- Have hands on experience of using agreed standards and tools to design, code, test, correct and document moderate-to-complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations.
- Annual Leave: 25 days annual leave on entry, rising by one day for each completed year of service to a maximum of 30 days and pro-rata for part-time staff. PLUS 8 bank holidays
- Privilege Leave: 1 day
- Hours of Work: 37 hours (net) per week for full time staff in all geographical locations, including London and pro rata for part-time staff
- Occupational Sick Pay (OSP): One month full pay/one month half pay on entry, rising by one month for each completed year of service to a maximum of five months full pay/five months half pay
- Mobility: Mobility clause in contracts allowing staff to be mobile across the Civil Service
- Civil Service Pension Scheme. Please see the link for further information http://www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk/ For enquiries relating to the Civil Service Pension Schemes please contact MyCSP's Pension Service Centre directly on 0300 123 6666
- Flexible working to ensure staff maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Interest free season ticket loan or bike loan
- Employee Assistance Services and access to the Civil Service Benevolent Fund
- Eligibility to join the Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA)
- Variety of staff and Civil Service clubs
- On-going learning and development
Selection process details
We use the Civil Service Success Profiles to assess our candidates, find out more here.
- Online application form, including questions based on the Behaviour, Experience and Technical Success Profiles. Please ensure all application questions are completed in full; your application may not be considered if any responses are left blank. Our applications are CV blind, and our Hiring Managers will not be able to access your CV when reviewing your application.
- Test, further information will be supplied when you reach this stage
- Interview, which can include questions based on the Behaviour, Experience, Technical and Strengths Success Profiles.
Applicants are assessed on whether they meet any mandatory requirements as well as the necessary skills and experience for the role.
If you require any disability related adjustments at any point during the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Closing date: Thursday 5th October 2023
Interview date: Friday 13th October 2023
If you need assistance applying for this role or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
- Name : The Resourcing Team
- Email : Careers@mhra.gov.uk
- Email : Careers@mhra.gov.uk