National Savings and Investments
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 23rd May 2022
Type of role
Number of posts
Product Management - Reviewing and understanding the wider competitor/economic market and NS&I’s position.
Customer - Develop a deep understanding of consumer needs / values and how these impact product design and range.
Promotion - Supporting retention, planning and forecasting to retain customers by monitoring weekly retention figures and making recommendations on campaign initiatives and forecasting monthly/annual retention figures.
Channel - Working with key stakeholders to model/forecast initiatives to ensure appropriate resourcing and risk identified.
Process/Customer Experience - Commissioning research, working with the Experience team to recommend product enhancements and changes to products.
Full details can be found on the attached Role Profile.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
- Seeing the Big Picture
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Experience of product management to include analytical pricing skills, in a regulated environment, preferably within financial services
- A track record of delivery in large and complex environments, including the ability to deliver key projects in accordance with direction from the line manager.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Number orientated, with robust analytical capability, with a problem solving mind set
- Ability to articulate analysis and ideas through clear and coherent verbal/written presentations.
- Passionate about the customer, anticipating and identifying customer needs and responding appropriately to improve the product experience within a changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage relationships effectively across the business and externally where relevant.
A small company with a big reach we offer a range of benefits to include flexible working, great opportunities for development and a generous pension scheme. We care for colleagues, respect one another, invest in our people and manage talent effectively.
Some benefits of working at NS&I include:
• Generous and tailored L&D offering
• Hybrid working
• Two contributory pension schemes (Alpha & Partnership Pension)
• 9 day fortnight scheme
• Generous annual leave – starting at 25 days, increasing to 30 days
Please see the attached document for full list of available benefits.
Selection process details
We will sift applications based on the criteria stated above as well as your job history and statement of suitability.
If shortlisted you will be invited to attend a 1hour panel interview via video call.
Immediately prior to the interview you be required to complete an assessment to test your Excel skills (maximum 30 minutes). During the interview you will be asked to give a presentation (maximum 10 minutes). Full presentation details will be given ahead of the interview.
Interviews will take place week commencing 6th June 2022.
Note we are unable to accept CVs.
This role is subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard and financial credit checks.
A reserve list may be held for a period of 12 months from which further appointments can be made.
Working for NS&I
NS&I is currently trialling a Hybrid Working Policy and colleagues are expected to work in one of our office locations London, Durham, Lytham or Glasgow a minimum of two days per week. Depending upon the outcome of the trial, the number of occasions you are expected to attend the office may change.
Any move to NS&I from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax-Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility at https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/.
If you are applying for a role at the same NS&I band as you are currently and the advertised salary is lower than your current salary, if you are successful and accept the role you will need to accept the role at the advertised salary, which would involve your current salary being reduced to the advertised amount.
Please visit our website http://nsandi-corporate.com/about-nsi for further details about NS&I.
The law requires for selection for appointment to the Civil Service is on merit on the basis for fair and open competition as outlined in the Civil Service recruitment principles. If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the recruitment principles and you wish to make a complaint, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you can contact the Civil Service Commission email@example.com
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
- Name : NS&I HR Team
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment team :
- Email : email@example.com