Bristol, South West : Leicester, East Midlands : London
About the job
The NCA leads the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. This includes class A drugs, people smuggling and human trafficking, major gun crime, fraud, cyber crime, money laundering and the corruption that organised criminals use to facilitate these crimes.
We work to imprison serious criminals, and use many other tactics to disrupt crime and keep people safe. In particular, we want to ensure crime doesn’t pay and that it’s harder to commit. We also draw on innovative new approaches to prevent crimes from happening in the first place.
We expect our Officers to work to the highest standards of behaviour in everything they do.
Our values and behaviours are:
Flexibility – seeking continuous improvements to the way that we work, adapting to find solutions to difficult problems.
Integrity – acting with the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Respect – treating everyone with dignity and respect, valuing diversity, working in partnership, and sharing knowledge and best practice.
Serving the public – being proud to put the public interest at the centre of everything we do.
Transparency – being truthful, open and accountable for our actions.
Grade & Role Title: G2 Senior IT Operations Manager
Vacancy Reference Number: GP1616801NJ
Open to: Substantive and External Staff on Lateral Transfer or Promotion, Permanent
Location: London, Leicester or Bristol
Closing Date: 28th April 2017
Generic Role Profile Number: RP22713
Salary: £52,008 - £66,822 (plus a London weighting allowance of £3,226 where applicable)
The Senior Manager – IT Operations and Service Execution is focused primarily on the co-ordinating and carrying out of the activities and processes required to deliver and manage services at agreed levels to business users and customers, concentrating upon the day-to-day management of the IT estate. They will also be the main point of responsibility for the ongoing management of the technology that is used to deliver and support services.
The Senior Manager – IT Operations and Service Execution’s tasks sit in the stage where the plans, design and optimisation of services are executed and measured, and it is as this stage where actual value is realised by the customer.
Your day will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Oversee and authorize Live Service processes and procedures and ensure that all activity is prioritised and aligned with strategic objectives and complies with statutory and relevant control strategies.
• Manage organisational change activity and effectively plan and communicate proposed changes with staff and stakeholders.
• Develop and implement business plans in line with the NCA’s operating model and strategy, seeking continuous improvement of corporate performance in line with strategic objectives.
• Ensure effective financial management, with financial control of annual operating budgets and capital allocation.
• As part of the Senior Management Team, contribute to the strategic development of the Live Service department, deputising for the Head of Live Services Operations as required.
• Manage, coach and develop staff, providing guidance on development.
• Work co-operatively with staff and colleagues to promote creativity, high performance and adherence to corporate values. Manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers.
• Lead, promote and implement Health and Safety measures, and ensure risk assessments are conducted effectively in line with NCA policy and safety legislation.
• Ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient departmental service.
• Oversee the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information in line with NCA policy.
• Attend cross directorate work groups and engage with business representatives to ensure optimum service provision and best value.
Candidates are required to provide evidence against ONLY the following Entry Criteria taken from the Role Profile -
Entry criteria 1 will be assessed using by a 250 word summary (on the application form) and your CV
1. Possesses an understanding of the interaction between ICT service components and general processing concepts, and the interaction between service components and business outcomes (AVMT)
Entry criteria 2 will be assessed using by a 250 word summary (on the application form) and your CV
2. Demonstrates competence in problem solving within the context of controlling information and communications technology assets and changes to information systems (ASMG)
Entry criteria 3 will be assessed solely using your CV
3. Substantial experience of dealing with users, specialists and service providers (SEAC)
Training & Professional Qualifications
Desirable at Entry:
1. Operational Support and Analysis Service Strategy
2. Continual Service Improvement
Candidates must complete the CV application form attached to the bottom of this advert and submit a copy of their most recent CV.
Candidates are required to evidence in 250 words entry criteria 1 and 2 on the application form attached.
For entry criteria 3 your CV will be used to assess your experience in this area.
Please return your CV and application form to email@example.com mailbox no later than 12.00hrs on 28th April 2017.
If you already work for the NCA and wish to apply for this role you must complete the Internal Application Form found on the NCA intranet.
• To ensure that your application / emails regarding this vacancy are actioned please ensure that the title of the email contains the following information listed above – G2 Senior IT Operations Manager – GP1616801NJ
• Should an application arrive after the stated deadline it will not be included in the recruitment process, regardless of the reason.
• Should you be successful at short listing but can not attend on the date/time allocated to yourself for a interview date The Recruitment Team can not guarantee a alternate date, regardless of the reason.
• Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, it is the NCA’s policy not to give feedback to external candidates on applications.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role, with potential for DV clearance at a later date.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
DRIVING DIVERSITY FORWARD
The NCA is a “Two Ticks” employer and is committed to inviting people who have a disability and who meet the minimum criteria at the shortlist stage to interview / Assessment Centre.
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- Possesses an understanding of the interaction between ICT service components and general processing concepts, and the interaction between service components and business outcomes (AVMT)
- Demonstrates competence in problem solving within the context of controlling information and communications technology assets and changes to information systems (ASMG)
- Substantial experience of dealing with users, specialists and service providers (SEAC)
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code
sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Natalie Jefferies - 0117 372 0178
Sift/interview dates and location
In order to apply for this position you must send the application form, equality and diversity form and your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on 27th April 2017. If all of these documents are not included then we will not be able to progress your application further.