Stage 1: Application
Your application will consist of three parts:
1. A Personal Details application form.
2. Your employment history detailing your responsibilities, skills, accomplishments, plus your qualifications and relevant training. Please copy this information into the box field provided.
3. Personal statement in no more than 1250 words.
When giving details in your employment history and personal statement you should highlight your experience working with the essential criteria below:
• Experience of working in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior Stakeholders.
• Agile Methodologies - with experience of BDD (behaviour driven development) and TDD (test driven development) processes, and an understanding of the key principles to develop a modern standards approach to testing.
• Experience in the development of automated test suites and tools including Java, Selenium v3.14.1+, Cucumber , Jenkins v2.11+, SOAP/REST Webservices/API testing.
• Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery – Methodology and tools (i.e. GIT, Gitlab CI).
• An understanding of the following test phases and standards associated to Performance Test, Accessibility Test, Security Test and Compatibility Test.
The sift panel will use the information in your employment history and personal statement to assess your experience, skills and knowledge against the essential criteria above.
For Hints and Tips on completing your application visit our blog Getting Hired at DWP Digital .
Applications will be sifted at regular intervals from the date the posts are advertised. Please apply as soon as you can, do not wait until the end of the campaign.
A NOTE ON ANONYMISATION
*Due to DWP’s use of anonymised recruitment practices it is not possible for applicants to upload/attach a CV; any information that you would customarily share on a CV should therefore be entered onto the application form. Please ensure you provide sufficient information to enable the sift panel to make an informed judgement about your suitability for this role.
Please include all other information that you would customarily provide when presenting a CV/Personal statement, as the sift panel use this information to assess your application.
DWP operates an anonymised recruitment process. When entering information relating to your employment history you will be asked to remove any personal details that could be used to identify you. This relates to name and contact details which might usually appear on your CV/Personal statement. Failure to do so will result in your application being withdrawn.
Stage 2: Telephone Interview
If you're successful at sift you will be invited to a short telephone interview (10 - 15 minutes), where you will be assessed against the following criteria:
• Experience of Test and Automation.
Stage 3: Interview
If you’re successful at sift stage you will be invited to a video interview via Microsoft Teams. There, you will be assessed against the following Technical Skills:
• Development of automated test suites
• Continuous Integration
• Test tool selection/application
• Agile & Lean Practices - Has had experience in applying Agile principles in practice. Able to provide a clear, open and transparent framework in which teams can deliver. Has an awareness of Agile tools and is starting to use them intelligently. Able to visualise and make visible the work of the team. Can adapt and reflect, is resilient and has the ability to see outside of the process.
• Non-Functional Testing - Able to design and execute non-functional test cases using standard testing techniques, in instructed environments. Able to come up with different business scenarios for a feature, working with others in the team.
• Test Analysis - Able to identify simple patterns and trends. Investigates problems and opportunities in existing processes and contributes to recommending solutions to these. Works with stakeholders to identify objectives and potential benefits available.
Interviews will take place from December and will be ongoing throughout the duration of the advert, so do not hesitate to submit your application.
Throughout the whole recruitment process – application, telephone interview and interview – the accuracy and clarity of your communication will be assessed.
Sift and Interview dates to be confirmed.
A reserve list may be held for a period of 6 months from which further appointments can be made.
Any move to DWP from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility at here
If a person with disabilities is put at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should:
Contact Government Recruitment Service via Digitalrecruitment.email@example.com as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs.
Complete the “Assistance required” section in the “Additional requirements” page of your application form to tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process. For instance, you may need wheelchair access at interview, or if you’re deaf, a Language Service Professional.
If successful and transferring from another Government Department a criminal record check may be carried out.
In order to process applications without delay, we will be sending a Criminal Record Check to Disclosure and Barring Service on your behalf. However, we recognise in exceptional circumstances some candidates will want to send their completed forms direct. If you will be doing this, please advise Government Recruitment Service of your intention by emailing Pre-EmploymentChecks.firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number in the subject heading.
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to a check on the Internal Fraud Database (IFD). This check will provide information about employees who have been dismissed for fraud or dishonesty offences. This check also applies to employees who resign or otherwise leave before being dismissed for fraud or dishonesty had their employment continued. Any applicant’s details held on the IFD will be refused employment.
A candidate is not eligible to apply for a role within the Civil Service if the application is made within a 5 year period following a dismissal for carrying out internal fraud against government.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the 'Contact point for applicants' section.
Before applying for this vacancy, current employees of DWP should check whether a successful application would result in changes to their terms & conditions of employment, e.g. mobility, pay, allowances. Civil Servants that would transfer into DWP from other government organisations, following successful application, will assume DWP's terms & conditions of employment current on the day they are posted, unless DWP has stated otherwise in writing.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.