Bristol, South West : London
About the job
The NCA is a new organisation which leads the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. This includes class A drugs, people smuggling and human trafficking, major gun crime, fraud, cyber crime, money laundering and the corruption that organised criminals use to facilitate these crimes.
We work to imprison serious criminals, and use many other tactics to disrupt crime and keep people safe. In particular, we want to ensure crime doesn’t pay and that it’s harder to commit. We also draw on innovative new approaches to prevent crimes from happening in the first place.
We expect our Officers to work to the highest standards of behaviour in everything they do.
Our values and behaviours are:
Flexibility – seeking continuous improvements to the way that we work, adapting to find solutions to difficult problems.
Integrity – acting with the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Respect – treating everyone with dignity and respect, valuing diversity, working in partnership, and sharing knowledge and best practice.
Serving the public – being proud to put the public interest at the centre of everything we do.
Transparency – being truthful, open and accountable for our actions.
Grade & Role Title: G3 Technology Business Analyst
Vacancy Reference Number: HP1471301NJ
Open to: Substantive and External Staff on Lateral Transfer or Promotion, Permanent
Location: Bristol or London
Closing Date: 9th May 2017
Generic Role Profile Number: RP23706
Salary: £41,607 (we can match Civil Service salaries up to £47,853) posts in London will attract a London Weighting allowance of £3,226
The Technology Business Analyst forms part of the Live Service team of Service Managers in ensuring sustainable and reliable services. They will be the owner of a high quality and robust analytics and change service operating between Projects and the department, and be the driving force behind Service Transformation, managing all the relevant Stakeholders, and ensuring suitable measurements, reporting and assurance processes are in place in order to provide a fully funded, supported and known Service for Service managers to manage through the Lifecycle. Through Service Transition, they also act as the single point of contact interface between Live Services’ needs and one or more programmes / projects as well as assigned vendor suppliers.
Their focus is on an effective and sustainable Service Lifecycle, developing and delivering all the analysis and artefacts as necessary to provide effective and sustained services for users. Taking account of the Service Strategy and the underpinning Service Management regime in order for Service managers to manage the full product lifecycle. This individual has responsibility for ensuring overall Service Analytics confirm value for money outcomes in all cases.
Candidates are required to provide evidence against ONLY the following Entry Criteria taken from the Role Profile -
1. In 250 words please evidence; Broad knowledge and understanding of IT Service Lifecycle concepts, coupled with practical change management and the principles and processes of transforming, implementing , delivering and decommissioning IT services including mergers, acquisition, disposals and service transition.
2. In 250 words please evidence; Knowledge of IT service analytics, tools and reporting including the commercial and financial aspects for current and future IT Services.
3. The following criteria will be tested at the shortlist and interview stage – Is able to assimilate and interpret advice from specialists - technical or otherwise and is thoroughly familiar with the concept of ITIL service design/ service transition.
Training & Professional Qualifications
Desirable at Entry:
1. ITIL Continual Service Improvement
2. ITIL Service design
Candidates must complete the CV application form attached to the bottom of this advert and submit a copy of their most recent CV.
Candidates are required to evidence in 250 words entry criteria 1 and 2 on the application form attached.
For entry criteria 3 your CV will be used to assess your experience in this area.
Entry criteria 3 will be evidenced through a test at the shortlist and interview stage.
Please return your CV and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox no later than 12.00hrs on 19th May 2017.
If you already work for the NCA and wish to apply for this role you must complete the Internal Application Form found on the NCA intranet.
• To ensure that your application / emails regarding this vacancy are actioned please ensure that the title of the email contains the following information listed above – G3 Technology Business Analyst – HP1471301NJ
• Should an application arrive after the stated deadline it will not be included in the recruitment process, regardless of the reason.
• Should you be successful at short listing but can not attend on the date/time allocated to yourself for a interview date The Recruitment Team can not guarantee a alternate date, regardless of the reason.
• Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, it is the NCA’s policy not to give feedback to external candidates on applications.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role, with potential for DV clearance at a later date.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
DRIVING DIVERSITY FORWARD
The NCA is a “Two Ticks” employer and is committed to inviting people who have a disability and who meet the minimum criteria at the shortlist stage to interview / Assessment Centre.
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IT Service Lifecycle concepts, coupled with practical change management and the principles and processes of transforming, implementing , delivering and decommissioning IT services including mergers, acquisition, disposals and service transition.
- Knowledge of IT service analytics, tools and reporting including the commercial and financial aspects for current and future IT Services.
- Is able to assimilate and interpret advice from specialists - technical or otherwise and is thoroughly familiar with the concept of ITIL service design/ service transition.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code
sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Natalie Jefferies - 0117 372 0178
Sift/interview dates and location
In order to apply for this position candidtaes will need to send the completed application form and a CV to email@example.com by midday on 9th May 2017.