About the job
The DPP is the Head of the CPS and is responsible for all of its work. The DPP discharges their functions under the superintendence of the Attorney General who is accountable to Parliament for the actions of the CPS. The DPP acts as the Accounting Officer for the expenditure of public funds.
The key responsibilities of the DPP include:
- Setting the vision and professional standards of the organisation and leading the effective discharge of the organisationís corporate functions with the support of the Chief Executive, and senior management
- Setting policy for the CPS and being the public face of the organisation
- Explaining and justifying CPS decisions and policies through the media
- Ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the system and in maintaining public confidence
- Working closely with, and having the confidence of, other partners in the criminal justice system such as other government departments, the police, National Crime Agency, HM Courts and Tribunals Service, judiciary and the legal professions
This is a post at Permanent Secretary level within the Civil Service.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is developed vetting
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code
sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
For information on the role: Amber Cunningham email@example.com 0207 367 0685.
For information on the process Carol Maye 07753 281154 firstname.lastname@example.org or Russell Turner 020 7271 6378 email@example.com
Sift/interview dates and location
Provisional dates: sift late May/early June Interviews w/c 25 June.
For a full candidate brief and job description and details on how to apply please go to http://www.odgers.com/65851