Recruitment & Learning and Development Administrator
Ofwat (Water Services Regulation Authority)
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 24th September 2023
Length of employment
Type of role
Number of jobs available
We’re Ofwat, the Water Services Regulation Authority, responsible for regulating water and wastewater services in England and Wales. Our role is to help the sector build trust and confidence with customers, the environment and wider society: keeping water flowing, bills affordable and helping ensure the health of our rivers and waterways. We push hard to improve day-to-day water company performance for customers, including on leakage, sewer flooding and customer service.
We drive the sector to take a longer-term view and to take steps now to protect and enhance the environment, using digital and data innovations and making sure our water supplies are secure for future generations.
Please read the attached "Candidate Information Pack" to find more about Ofwat and our Values.
The Directorate and The Team
The Corporate Enablers Directorate includes the People Hub and other core functions such as Finance, IT, Procurement and Property. Our teams work across the organisation to provide corporate support for Ofwat to be a highly performing place - effective, efficient and continually improving. We ensure that our people have the right capabilities, tools, and culture to deliver for customers, society and the environment.
Our people are the heart and soul of Ofwat. From the moment that colleagues step through our doors, the People Hub takes them on a journey and supports them to be their best selves, be well, effective and fulfilled. Our vision is to transform Ofwat from a great place to work to being a Great Place to Be.
***Internal Job Title – Business Support, Talent & OD***
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Recruitment & Learning and Development (L&D) Administrator to join our Talent and Organisation Development (OD) team. As part of the team, you will work alongside our Recruitment and Onboarding Advisors, as well as Talent and L&D Partners. You will assist the team in an administrative capacity, supporting recruitment, on-boarding and L&D activities. This will involve:
- Ensuring a smooth candidate experience throughout the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Managing the recruitment and L&D central mailboxes, using your initiative to escalate queries where appropriate.
- Supporting with recruitment campaign administration.
- Liaising with Hiring Managers and other relevant teams within Ofwat as and when required.
- Assisting with pre-employment checking tasks.
- Co-ordinating and scheduling interviews, as well as inductions for new starters.
- Ensuring that all systems (e.g. ATS – Applicant Tracking System) are updated regularly, and all records are kept up to date and accurate.
- Assisting with L&D scheduling and liaising with internal stakeholders to coordinate communications of our L&D offering.
- Raising Purchase Orders / budget tracking.
- Any other administrative tasks as required to support the team.
Proactive and thorough, you'll have excellent interpersonal skills, and demonstrate commitment to providing a first-class recruitment, onboarding and learning experience to candidates and Ofwat people alike. Naturally curious you'll seek ways to continuously improve how we do things, sharing your ideas with colleagues and implementing new ways of working.
To be successful at securing this post, you will need to hold the below attributes, experience, skills and knowledge.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- LEAD CRITERION: Experience working in an administrative role in a similar environment (Recruitment, Human Resources, or L&D).
- Experience of using HR / ATS or similar systems and Office 365 (mainly Outlook, Excel and MS Teams) whilst following set processes with accuracy.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively manage your time to competing deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience building strong working relationships with stakeholders and managers.
- Able to continuously improve how we do things, sharing your ideas with colleagues and implementing improvements.
- Committed Learner
- Delivers Outcomes
- Adaptable Thinker
- Making Relationships Count
You can read more about Attributes in Ofwat’s Framework for Success.
Why you should Join Ofwat:
We are forward-thinking, creative, innovative and ambitious. We actively encourage autonomy, collaboration and innovation and we have a unique culture fostered by trust, flexibility and respect.
We strive to ensure our people feel connected and valued, where their voice matters. You will be provided with the space and support to shape your future while taking greater control of your own growth and development.
You will also benefit from:
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to max 30 with each year of service) in addition to 10.5 bank holiday and privilege leave days
- access to exclusive discounts on a range of goods and services such as retail outlets, theatre tickets, holidays, insurance and gym membership;
- fees paid for membership of relevant professional bodies;
- up to 3 volunteering days per year;
- recognition vouchers;
- enhanced shared parental leave and pay;
- enhanced sick pay;
- cycle-to-work scheme;
- season ticket loan for travel between home and office;
- health and well-being initiatives
Selection process details
How to apply
Applicants should apply through the Civil Service Jobs website. You will be asked to create an account and complete an application form. If you are unable to make an electronic application, you may submit your application on paper. Please contact us to find out how at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: 23:55 on 24 September 2023
- Sifting: W/C 25 September 2023
- Interview date(s): W/C 02 October 2023
At sift stage we will assess your application against some of the essential skills, experience, and knowledge, listed in the professional requirements table above (please ensure you address the essential criteria in your application).
As part of your application, you will be required to write a personal statement addressing the Lead Criterion as highlighted below.
Please tell us about your experience of working in an administrative role in a similar environment (Recruitment, Human Resources, or L&D).
In the event of receiving a large number of applications, a pre-sift may take place on just the lead criterion.
We will test against attributes, as well as skills, experience, and knowledge (set out in the professional requirements section) during the interview process. You can read more on Ofwat’s attributes described here in our Framework for Success.
Please note that the interviews will be conducted via video conferencing software (Microsoft Teams).
If you have any questions or if you require any reasonable adjustments, please email email@example.com.
Please read the attached "Candidate Information Pack" for details on Terms and Conditions.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
- Name : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email : email@example.com
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org