Please cut and paste an anonymous CV into the online application form when prompted and include your qualifications, career history, skills and experience.
The statement of suitability section (in no more than 750 words) should be used to provide details of how you meet the essential experience criteria listed in the candidate pack below:
• Strategic leadership skills:
- Evidence of expert skills in putting together and executing on a strategy for accessible and inclusive services
- Can communicate a vision and agree or negotiate requirements with a wide range of senior stakeholders, directors, and heads of practices
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills to ensure accessibility is considered at programme level
- A broad range of communication skills required; presenting complex data and topics, public speaking, teaching, coaching and excellent written skills
• Accessible design skills:
- Expert knowledge and experience of the Government Service Standard, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), Equality Act 2010, the Public Sector Bodies Accessibility Regulations 2018 and ensure compatibility with Assistive Technologies.
- Demonstrable experience of evaluating the accessibility of digital products and presenting feedback, advice, training, and solutions to help fix identified issues
Please keep in mind that we are looking for real examples of things that you have done, not just the theory or best practice. You can talk about your experiences whether they’re relating to your work, your home life, side projects, or other activities you undertake. We want to hear about you, and what you’ve done.
The sift will take place shortly after the closing date. If successful at the shortlisting stage, you will be invited to attend a virtual, blended interview including a Design Task which will be conducted as a video interview week commencing 1 November 2021.
The blended interview will test the behaviours listed in the job description, as well as the strengths associated with the role. We want to hear your first, unrehearsed, natural response to strength questions, and so we don’t advertise which strengths are being tested.
Candidates may refer to notes within their video interview but they should be used as a prompt only.
Please review your application form before clicking ‘submit’ – once you have submitted, you will not be able to amend your application. Ensure your application form is received by the closing date for receipt of applications – this is 11:55pm on the advertised date.
HMLR is accredited to the Disability Confidence Scheme, which denotes organisations which have a positive attitude towards disabled people. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential criteria at the shortlisting stage are guaranteed an invitation to interview.
If any candidate requires the panel to consider a reasonable adjustment or there is anything else they would like the panel to take into consideration they are asked to notify us of this at application stage where possible or during the process as soon as it becomes a requirement.
If you would like further information about the use of your personal data, please click on the link below:
Job Applicant Personal Information
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.