National Savings and Investments
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 3rd December 2023
Length of employment
Type of role
Number of jobs available
The role holder will be required to support the HR team and wider business through the provision of a full HR service to ensure the smooth running of the HR function. The role holder will be able to translate and interpret NS&I policies and procedures, providing appropriate guidance and assistance when required.
The role holder will take lead responsibility for providing generalist support to their allocated directorates and provide support to other members of the team where appropriate.
- Have achieved or be working towards the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development qualification or have the equivalent experience
- Extensive experience within a generalist HR role, including and not limited to recruitment and selection, employee relations, payroll, pensions, attendance and performance management.
Essential technical knowledge and skills
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to influence at all levels of a business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus coupled with the ability to deliver results
- Great time management skills with the ability to manage a number of activities at one time and to see each one through to completion
- Strong IT skills including comprehensive use of the Microsoft suite.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK with more than 24 million customers and over £218 billion invested. We are both a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Our origins can be traced back more than 150 years to 1861.
A small company with a big reach, we offer a range of benefits including flexible working, great opportunities for development and a generous pension scheme. We care for colleagues, respect one another, invest in our people and manage talent effectively.
Some benefits of working at NS&I include:
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible hybrid working options
- 9 day fortnight scheme
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- Generous annual leave – starting at 25 days, increasing to 30 days
- Performance related variable pay bonus
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
Selection process details
To apply please click the link on this advert and follow the steps to complete the application form by 23:55pm on 3rd December 2023.
In your application you will be asked to provide the following.
- An outline of your career history and qualifications with your key responsibilities and achievements.
- Provide a short 250 statement for each of the selected behaviours, using examples from your experience and knowledge to demonstrate how you meet them and addressing the essential criteria in the Person Specification.
We will assess applications on each selected behaviour and your employment history.
If shortlisted, you will be invited to attend a 1 hour panel interview via video call.
Interviews will take place on 14th December 2023
Note we are unable to accept CVs.
This role is subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard and financial credit checks.
A reserve list may be held for a period of 12 months from which further appointments can be made.
Working for NS&I
NS&I is currently trialling a Hybrid Working Policy and colleagues are expected to work in their office location a minimum of 40% of their working month i.e. two days per week for a full time employee.
Any move to NS&I from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax-Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility at https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/.
If you are applying for a role at the same NS&I band as you are currently and the advertised salary of the role is higher, if you are successful, any salary increase will be at the discretion of NS&I and will be reviewed as part of the next annual pay review, in accordance with the NS&I employee handbook.
Note to existing permanent employees at NS&I - Please be aware that if you are a permanent employee appointed to a fixed term role, our recruiting principles ensure you will retain your permanent status at the end of this contract. However, you are not guaranteed to return to your original role. At the conclusion of this fixed term period, you may be redeployed to another suitable role at NS&I, offered retraining or will be given priority mover status to find another role in the civil service.
NS&I employees on a fixed term contract moving to another fixed term role, will continue to be employed for a fixed term to the end date of this role. You may apply for suitable roles within NS&I or the civil service.
Please visit our website http://nsandi-corporate.com/about-nsi for further details about NS&I.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
- Name : Louise Sayers
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email : email@example.com