College of Policing
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 23rd May 2022
Type of role
Number of posts
We’re the professional body for the police service in England and Wales. Working together with everyone in policing, we share the skills and knowledge officers and staff need to prevent crime and keep people safe. We set the standards in policing to build and preserve public trust and we help those in policing develop the expertise needed to meet the demands of today and prepare for the challenges of the future.
We have three complementary functions:
•*Share knowledge and good practice - We create and maintain easy access to knowledge, disseminate good practice, and facilitate the sharing of what works.
•*Set standards - We set standards for key areas of policing which help forces and individuals provide consistency and better service for the public.
•*Support professional development - We set requirements, accredit, quality assure and deliver learning and professional development, promote diversity and wellbeing, and help to nurture and select leaders at all levels.
Following the publication of the Fundamental Review into the College we are committed to boosting professionalism, improving leadership and driving consistency, by being better connected, more dynamic and more relevant.
The selected candidate will provide a professional, efficient, proactive and confidential management and business focused secretarial support service to members of the Executive Team (Chief Executive Officer, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Director of Knowledge and Innovation; Director of Operational Standards, Director of Enabling Services).
•*Substantial previous experience of working at an Executive level as a Personal Assistant in a fast-paced office environment.
•*Proven experience in exercising a high degree of discretion and initiative, tact and diplomacy in managing sensitive, personal and confidential matters.
•*Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer-focused attitude
•*Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with senior stakeholders and staff at all levels, both internally and externally
•*The ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure and unsupervised, prioritising conflicting demands to meet deadlines and maintaining a high standard of work
•*The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Please see job description for full details of the role.
?*- GCSE Passes including English Language and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Substantial previous experience of working at an Executive level as a Personal Assistant in a fast-paced office environment
- Substantial experience of developing, establishing and maintaining strong, positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and removing unnecessary barriers to service delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customer-focused attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with senior stakeholders and staff at all levels, both internally and externally
- Adept at influencing and negotiating with others to achieve timely results
- Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure and unsupervised, prioritising conflicting demands to meet deadlines and maintaining a high standard of work
place to work. We're passionate about our people and offer a wide range of benefits. The benefits we can offer include:
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Up to 30 days holiday (this is in
addition to 8 public holidays and 2.5 privilege days)
- Educational funding and study leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Flexi-time (for certain grades)
- Flexible working hours
- Childcare vouchers
- Benenden Healthcare
- National Dental Plan
- Discount scheme which provides cut-price on-line
- Free employee support line
- Interest free
loans for travel.
- Staff networks: You will have the opportunity to join our employee-run networks to provide advice
and support and to enable the
views of employees from minority groups to
be heard. There are currently 6 staff networks; Diversity Champions, LGBT, Carer’s, Women’s,
Parenting and our Diverse Ethnic Action network.
Each network has access to an executive level sponsor.
Selection process details
Vacancy reference: CEO5689
This post is open to applicants who can meet the College’s nationality, UK residency and vetting requirements.
This role may be suitable for hybrid working. If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid working, including whether it is suitable for you and will also meet the business needs of the role, will be discussed with you prior to taking up your post.
How to apply and contact information:
For further information visit our ‘Work for us’ page.
We believe that a diverse workforce brings many benefits to the organisation including diversity of thought and improvements to the way we work internally and with partners and communities. We strive to be fully inclusive but we know there is more to do. We genuinely encourage people from all backgrounds and underrepresented groups to apply for this role.
We want to continually improve our recruitment processes and to remove any barriers to equal opportunities that could disadvantage those from particular backgrounds. In order for us to have the information to do this, we ask you to please complete the diversity section of the online application process. We use a “blind” shortlisting process and we hope that by using this method we will be able to promote greater diversity in our workforce and remove any subconscious decisions based on biases.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we operate the Disability Confident Scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria. If you need reasonable adjustments to progress your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
You can also contact us at the above noted email address if you have any questions concerning the role. Please quote the full job title and reference.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
- Name : College of Policing HR team
- Email : email@example.com
- Telephone : 07795590014
Recruitment team :
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org