To apply for these posts, you will need to complete the online application form no later than 17th May 2021 at 23:55.
The application process will include:
1. After submitting your basic details, you will be invited to complete two tests, The Civil Service Numerical Test and The Civil Service Verbal Reasoning Test. Please ensure you complete the online tests as early as possible so that you give yourself time to prepare and submit the statements before the closing date/time. Please note there may not be technical support after 3pm on the closing date (Monday 17th May).
2. If you pass the required tests you will be asked to complete the full application. This will consist of entering your full qualification details, answering two statements, of no more than 250 words per statement, (500 words total) explaining your motivation for applying for these roles.
3. If you do not hold higher qualifications (you must hold GCSE qualifications as a minimum) you will be asked to demonstrate your equivalent practical experience. You will be be asked to provide a 250 word statement evidencing your Technical IT Skills, as detailed in the eligibility requirements of this pack (page 7).
4. A panel will then sift your application. Please note an initial sift will be conducted on qualifications or equivalent practical experience. If you do not pass this initial sift you will be unsuccessful based on eligibility. Your application will be assessed using the Civil Service Success Profiles recruitment framework. For more information on Success Profiles click here.
5. Successful candidates will be invited to attend an online interview. You will be asked to record your answers to a series of questions. This will be subsequently evaluated by an assessor.
6. If you pass the above stages, you will then be invited to complete the final online assessments including an interview. The assessments reflect some of the key elements of the apprenticeship role and full details will be made available to you in advance if you are shortlisted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise of any reasonable adjustments.
You will be expected to complete our Diversity questionnaire at the end of your application. This is strictly for monitoring purposes and will NOT be considered as part of your application.
A small number of roles will be based in Milton Keynes with a lower salary.
· Year 1: £18,124 + £1,750 location allowance (£19,874)
· Year 2: £19,364 + £1,750 location allowance (£21,114)
· On successful completion and transition to permanent role: £24,806 + £1,750 location allowance (£26,556)
Successful candidates will be vetted to Security Check (SC). Some roles may require a higher level of vetting (DV) once in post.
If a person with disabilities is put at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should:
- Contact Government Recruitment Service via; email@example.com as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs.
- Complete the “Assistance required” section in the “Additional requirements” page of your application form to tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process. For instance, you may need wheelchair access at interview, or if you’re deaf, a Language Service Professional.
Criminal Record Check
If successful and transferring from another Government Department, a criminal record check maybe carried out.
In order to process applications without delay, we will be sending a Criminal Record Check to Disclosure and Barring Service on your behalf. However, we recognise in exceptional circumstance some candidates will want to send their completed forms direct. If you will be doing this, please advise Government Recruitment Service of your intention by emailing Pre-Employment.Checks@cabinetoffice.gov.uk stating the job reference number in the subject heading.
Any move to the hiring department will mean you will no longer be able to carry on claiming childcare vouchers. You will however have access to the governments Tax Free Childcare scheme.
Internal Fraud Database Check
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening subject to a check on the Internal Fraud Database (IFD). This check will provide information about employees who have been dismissed for fraud or dishonesty offences. This check also applies to employees who resign or otherwise leave before being dismissed for fraud or dishonesty had their employment continued. Any applicant’s details held on the IFD will be refused employment.
Loan and Fixed Term Appointments
Existing Civil Servants and applicants from accredited NDPBs are eligible to apply, but will only be considered on loan basis (Civil Servants) or secondment (accredited NDPBs). Prior agreement to be released on a loan basis must be obtained before commencing the application process. In the case of Civil Servants, the terms of the loan will be agreed between the home and host department and the Civil Servant. This includes grade on return.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, selecting the most suitable applicants free from bias on factors such as age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, social mobility, ethnicity or religion.
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here
to visit Civil Service Commission
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the ‘Contact point for applicants’ section.
We are closely monitoring the situation with regard to Coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly for any updates from us as this is how we will communicate with you.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.