Help everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and make a real difference to road safety.
As a driving examiner you’ll be on the frontline of road safety in Great Britain
You’ll meet people from all backgrounds, while being an important part of a tight-knit, diverse team of professionals, all focussed on helping people start a lifetime of safe driving.
Use your people skills, and great customer service, to meet and greet candidates and instructors.
You’ll get to see the smiles and celebrations when you confirm a pass. However, you’ll also need a clear and calm manner to explain your decisions and deliver the disappointing news of a failed test.
Working within your chosen cluster, (see attached) you’ll be responsible for carrying out car driving tests.
During each test, you need to build rapport with the test candidate, be professional and tailor your approach to take into account any needs they may have.
You’ll control and assess the level of driving displayed by the candidate to ensure they reach the required standard and accurately complete document test reports.
When you’re not carrying out tests, you'll support the Local Driving Test Manager and your colleagues to maintain an effective working environment.
Who are we looking for
Above all, you’ll be keen to use your driving experience to help new road users achieve the standard they need to pass their test.
- Be aged 23 or over with a good level of driving ability, hold a full UK or EU licence continuously for the last 3 years and must have no more than 3 penalty points.
- Be a reassuring and calm persona – someone who’s able to put nervous and anxious candidates at ease. Acting with tact and discretion to make timely, justified and sometimes difficult and unpopular decisions.
- Working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, and have a flexible approach to working from different locations within a reasonable distance.
- Be able to use IT equipment and software, e.g. tablets, satnavs.
- You must be aged 23 or over (a requirement of the 3rd EU Driving Licence Directive - Directive 006/126)
- You must have held a UK or EU driving licence continuously for the last 3 years
- You must have no more than 3 penalty points on your licence
- Experience of delivering high-quality customer service
- Strong ability to work collaboratively to achieve personal and group objectives.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain's roads.
We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives. Please click here
to see more of what we are about.
We're an innovative organisation that values professional expertise. We invest in our people and champion inclusive and diverse teams. And we make sure colleagues have the skills to meet the needs of Britain’s road users.
If you would like to read more about the great opportunities and benefits of working at DVSA visit our Careers website
. Click here
to hear from the people working with us.
Diversity: Our vision is to support and develop everyone who chooses to work for us. We care deeply about diversity and equality. And we create a positive culture that’s friendly, welcoming, respectful and full of opportunities for professional and personal development.