Birmingham, West Midlands : Bristol, South West : London
About the job
The NCA is a new organisation which leads the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. This includes class A drugs, people smuggling and human trafficking, major gun crime, fraud, cyber crime, money laundering and the corruption that organised criminals use to facilitate these crimes.
We work to imprison serious criminals, and use many other tactics to disrupt crime and keep people safe. In particular, we want to ensure crime doesn’t pay and that it’s harder to commit. We also draw on innovative new approaches to prevent crimes from happening in the first place.
We expect our Officers to work to the highest standards of behaviour in everything they do.
Our values and behaviours are:
Flexibility – seeking continuous improvements to the way that we work, adapting to find solutions to difficult problems.
Integrity – acting with the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Respect – treating everyone with dignity and respect, valuing diversity, working in partnership, and sharing knowledge and best practice.
Serving the public – being proud to put the public interest at the centre of everything we do.
Transparency – being truthful, open and accountable for our actions.
Grade & Role Title: G4 Senior Service Transition Officer
Vacancy Reference Number: GP1467401NJ
Open to: Substantive and External Staff on Lateral Transfer or Promotion, Permanent
Location: Birmingham, Bristol or London
Closing Date: 16th March 2017
Generic Role Profile Number: RP24701
Salary: £33,286 (we can match Civil Service salaries up to £38,283) posts in London will attract a London Weighting allowance of £3,226
The senior officer – service introduction is focused on the service design and transition of new and changed services into the live environment. The post holder be responsible for the acceptance into service function of new and changed services predominately coming in from project management colleagues. The post holder will ensure that service artefacts are created and delivered in order to form a controlled service pack from which live service, service managers can manage the service to acceptable performance levels.
Candidates are required to provide evidence against ONLY the following Entry Criteria taken from the Role Profile -
1. In 250 words please evidence; a good level of understanding with the services and products delivered and the tools, methods, procedures, equipment and software used in the operation and management of the service and an of understanding of the selection and use of monitoring tools (SLMO).
2. In 250 words please evidence; a good understanding of project management as well as service management and a broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architectures, coupled with practical knowledge of problem management and the principles and processes of implementing and delivering IT services (PBMG).
3. The following criteria will be tested at the shortlist and interview stage – A good level of understanding with the concept of Acceptance into Service / Service Transition processes and gates. Demonstrates an understanding of current developments in the application of Information Systems and is able to assimilate and interpret advice from specialists - technical or otherwise and some knowledge of IT standards, policies, regulations, compliance and codes of conduct (ITMG).
Training & Professional Qualifications
Desirable at Entry:
1. Service Design & Service Offerings and Agreements
2. Planning, Protection and Optimisation
3. Continual Service Improvement – ITIL v.3 Foundation
Candidates must complete the CV application form attached to the bottom of this advert and submit a copy of their most recent CV.
Candidates are required to evidence in 250 words entry criteria 1 and 2 on the application form attached.
For entry criteria 3 your CV will be used to assess your experience in this area.
Entry criteria 3 will be evidenced through a test at the shortlist and interview stage.
Please return your CV and application form to email@example.com mailbox no later than 12.00hrs on 16th March 2017.
If you already work for the NCA and wish to apply for this role you must complete the Internal Application Form found on the NCA intranet.
• To ensure that your application / emails regarding this vacancy are actioned please ensure that the title of the email contains the following information listed above – G4 Senior Service Transition Officer – GP1467401NJ
• Should an application arrive after the stated deadline it will not be included in the recruitment process, regardless of the reason.
• Should you be successful at short listing but can not attend on the date/time allocated to yourself for a interview date The Recruitment Team can not guarantee a alternate date, regardless of the reason.
• Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, it is the NCA’s policy not to give feedback to external candidates on applications.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role, with potential for DV clearance at a later date.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
DRIVING DIVERSITY FORWARD
The NCA is a “Two Ticks” employer and is committed to inviting people who have a disability and who meet the minimum criteria at the shortlist stage to interview / Assessment Centre.
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- A good level of understanding with the services and products delivered and the tools, methods, procedures, equipment and softwareused in the operation and management of the service and an understanding of the selection and use of monitoring tools (SLMO).
- A good understanding of project management as well as service management and a broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architectures, coupled with practical knowledge of problem management and the principles and processes of implementing and delivering IT services (PBMG).
- This competency will be assessed using your CV: A good level of understanding with the concept of Acceptance into Service/ Service Transition processes and gates. Demonstrates an understanding of current developments in the application of Information Systems and is able to assimilate and interpret advice from specialists - technical or otherwise and some knowledge of IT standards, policies, regulations, compliance and codes of conduct.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code
sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Sift/interview dates and location
Applicants will need to send the application form, equality and diversity form, the pre-employment standards form and your CV. All documents will need to be included for your application to be progressed.