Bristol, South West : London
About the job
The NCA is an organisation which leads the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. This includes class A drugs, child exploitation, people smuggling and human trafficking, major gun crime, fraud, cyber crime, money laundering and the corruption that organised criminals use to facilitate these crimes.
We work to imprison serious criminals, and use many other tactics to disrupt crime and keep people safe. In particular, we want to ensure crime doesn’t pay and that it’s harder to commit. We also draw on innovative new approaches to prevent crimes from happening in the first place.
We expect our Officers to work to the highest standards of behaviour in everything they do.
Our values and behaviours are:
Flexibility – seeking continuous improvements to the way that we work, adapting to find solutions to difficult problems.
Integrity – acting with the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Respect – treating everyone with dignity and respect, valuing diversity, working in partnership, and sharing knowledge and best practice.
Serving the public – being proud to put the public interest at the centre of everything we do.
Transparency – being truthful, open and accountable for our actions.
Grade & Role Title: G4 Senior Service Supplier Officer
Vacancy Reference Number: HP1612801NJ
Open to: Substantive and External Staff on Lateral Transfer or Promotion, Permanent
Location: Bristol or London
Closing Date: 26th May 2017 at Midday
Generic Role Profile Number: RP24000
Salary: The salary band for this position is £33,286 to £38,283. Where existing Civil Servants apply on transfer to the NCA at the equivalent grade, pay principles on Civil Service transfers will apply. All other salary offers will be made within the advertised band.
The post holder will work within the Technology Command Live Service Department and will oversee the effective, efficient and economic delivery of services supplied to the National Crime Agency (NCA).
To ensure optimal service quality by application of proven supplier management techniques, proactive engagement and a philosophy of continuous service improvement.
Duties will include:
Manage a team supporting the business through policy development, planning, supplier performance, service delivery and governance
Build relationships with key suppliers and the business areas, maintain a stakeholder map.
Conduct the ICT Supplier Management process according to ISD’s strategy for service management. Oversee arrangements and maintaining the schedule of Service Management meetings for Technology Commands suppliers, as designated.
Ensure that supplier service performance is measured against agreed objectives/metrics, conducting investigations and / or trend analysis to uncover underlying issues, contractual commitments are being met and finances are tracked and invoiced appropriately. Ensure that performance supports the NCA’s operational objectives.
Support senior management in the delivery of an effective and efficient departmental service deputising where appropriate.
Candidates are required to provide evidence against ONLY the following Personal Qualities Framework (PQF). The level required is listed on the Role Profile and below
2. Problem Solving
3. Negotiating and Influencing
5. People Management
Candidates are required to provide evidence against ONLY the following Entry Criteria taken from the Role Profile and the Government Communication Professional Competency Framework –
1. Demonstrates an understanding of service metrics and the need to monitor supplier performance.
2. Some knowledge of IT standards, policies, regulations, compliance and codes of conduct.
3. Familiar with the services and products delivered and the tools, methods, procedures, equipment and software used in the operation and management of the service.
Desirable at Entry:
1. ITIL v3 foundation
Please carefully read all the information on this advert and the attached documents.
Candidates must fully complete the attached two forms to be considered for this vacancy:
• External Application Form
• Equality & Diversity Form
Please return both documents to firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox no later than 12.00hrs Midday on 26th May 2017.
If you already work for the NCA and wish to apply for this role you must complete the Internal Application Form found on the NCA intranet.
• The Application Form, Pre-employment standards form, Guidance Notes, Role Profile and Personal Qualities Framework (PQF) should be attached. If they are not or you can not download them please email email@example.com for an application pack
• To ensure that your application / emails regarding this vacancy are actioned please ensure that the title of the email contains the following information listed above –G4 Senior Service Supplier Officer – HP1612801NJ
• Should an application arrive after the stated deadline it will not be included in the recruitment process, regardless of the reason.
• Should you be successful at short listing but cannot attend on the date/time allocated to yourself for an interview date The Recruitment Team cannot guarantee an alternate date, regardless of the reason.
• If you wish to make a complaint in relation to any stage of the recruitment and selection process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. please ensure that you refer to the campaign reference number.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role and for specified roles DV clearance within the first 12 months as part of your probation period.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
DRIVING DIVERSITY FORWARD
The NCA is a Disability Confident Employer. If you would like this application form in a different format, please contact the Recruitment Team using the details shown towards the end of the form or email:- email@example.com
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission Recruitment Principles. Further information about the Recruitment Principles can be found on http://civilservicecommission.independent.go.uk/
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- Problem Solving
- Negotiating and Influencing
- People Management
- Demonstrates an understanding of service metrics and the need to monitor supplier performance.
- Some knowledge of IT standards, policies, regulations, compliance and codes of conduct.
- Familiar with the services and products delivered and the tools, methods, procedures, equipment and software used in the operation and management of the service.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code
sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Natalie Jefferies - 0117 372 0178
Sift/interview dates and location