City of Westminster, London, SW1P 4DR : Hastings, South East, TN37 7NL
About the job
Can you help us shape and deliver the Department for Transport's exciting new Digital Service?
Do you want to play your part in ensuring we are making the most of digital, data and technology in moving Britain forward?
If so, then the role of Product Manager Digital Workplace, within our new Digital Service team may be your next challenge.
Reporting to the Service Manager Digital Workplace, you will operate, manage, and provide support for one or more products or services and provide a significant contribution to the delivery of end-to-end digital services by means of cross-team coordination, collaboration and flexibility, avoiding technical silos within the function.
Your main responsibilities will include;
• Operating, managing, and providing support (including technical support & Incident management) for one or more products or services
• Supporting the Service Manager Digital workplace in the delivery of end-to-end digital services across the service lifecycle, by means of cross-team coordination, collaboration and flexibility, avoiding technical silos
• Monitoring and ensuring agreed quality and service performance targets, resolving operational incidents and problems
• Implementing changes and new products and services, by applying collaborative ways of working across the Digital Service, enabling beneficial changes to be made with minimum disruption to the services
• Engaging with end users, capturing and formalising improvement opportunities for digital services in coordination with the Digital Support Lead & Business Engagement
• Being responsible for event management, availability management, capacity management and service asset and configuration management in their area of responsibility
• Contributing to continual improvement and innovation of live services
• Building a forward-looking view of live services demand in order to plan the right resources for future service provision
Full details of this exciting opportunity are available via the attached Role Profile
In your application you should provide examples of your experience in meeting the appointment criteria listed below.
• Experience of IT service management across the service lifecycle, familiar with ITIL principles
• Experience of working in an agile environment.
• Able to analyse & resolve service delivery issues
• Follow and/or contribute to the development of documented processes
• Monitor technology performance and identify opportunities to improve it – continual improvement ethos
• Good written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail.
• Someone who is proactive, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues at every level within an organisation.
• Good organisational skills, with the ability to develop and implement effective administrative processes and the ability to manage own time and priorities effectively.
• Experience of software packaging and distribution
• Cloud Services
• ITIL Foundation
The Digital Service is a new internal capability with around 100 staff, and as the Digital Centre of Excellence for DfT, will:
• offer high performing, secure and innovative services
• grow our professionalism
• empower our people to meet user needs
• build relationships to achieve DfT’s objectives
This is a great time to join us as we build the team and deliver a major transformation programme of work.
If you share our vision of being the 'best in class' and you have the knowledge and enthusiasm to deliver in this exciting role, then we look forward to receiving your application.
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- SFIA - Delivery and Operation - Service Design - Service Level Management SLMO - Level 4
- SFIA - Relationships and Engagement - Stakeholder Management - Relationship Management RLMT - Level 4
- SFIA - Delivery and Operation - Service Transition - Configuration Management CFMG - Level 4
- SFIA - Delivery and Operation - Service Transition - Asset Management ASMG - Level 4
- Delivering value for money
- Managing a quality service
Civil Service Competency Framework
Besides the rewarding nature of the job itself, the benefits that come with it are excellent. The package includes generous leave entitlement, attractive pension options, flexible working and other policies to enable a good work/life balance, including beneficial childcare arrangements. You'll also benefit from our commitment to nurturing and developing talent.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration
requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules
If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Selection process details
When considering your experience, please tailor your CV and Personal Statement to provide evidence of the essential criteria listed above and of the experience, skills and competences skills found in the Role Profile
You will have the option of being based at either our London or Hastings office. We encourage remote working, with a minimum of 40% of your week being office based.
You will be expected to take a flexible approach to this to ensure business needs are met.
Successful candidates based in Hastings will attract the HEO national salary of £29,832 as will those who are not based in London for at least 3 days a week.
Please note that any part of the Job Profile could be tested at sift/interview.
If invited to interview, this may consist of a range of question types. These could include questions about your strengths or how you would respond in any particular situation as well as specific examples of things you have done.
We can proudly announce that the Department for Transport has been recognised for its leadership on workplace gender equality by being included in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2017.
DfT’s inclusion is recognition of our commitment to make the Department a great place to work through our culture of equality and inclusivity and the great strides we’ve made to raise the number of women in senior positions.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Candidates in their probationary period are eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code
sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
For further information on this vacancy please contact email@example.com
Sift/interview dates and location
The sift is due to take place week commencing 19/2/2018
Interviews/assessments are likely to be held week commencing 5/3/2018
Whilst we will endeavour to meet the dates set out in the advert there may be occasions when these dates will change. Those candidates invited to assessment will be provided with sufficient notice of confirmed dates.
If successful and transferring from another Government Department a security check may be carried out.
Please see attached candidate notes.
A reserve list will be held for a period of 12 months from which further appointments can be made.
If a person with disabilities is put at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should:
• Contact Government Recruitment Service via DfTRecruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs
• Complete the “Assistance required” section in the “Additional requirements” page of your application form to tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process. For instance, you may need wheelchair access at interview, or if you’re deaf, a Language Service Professional.
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening subject to a check on the Internal Fraud Database (IFD). This check will provide information about employees who have been dismissed for fraud or dishonesty offences. This check also applies to employees who resign or otherwise leave before being dismissed for fraud or dishonesty had their employment continued. Any applicant’s details held on the IFD will be refused employment.