Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, Bristol, BS1 6DG
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop your career and work towards a Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
You will contribute to the effective running of the Business Support Team and supporting Acas colleagues and employees/employers across the region, the role will also include to provide office administration to ensure that services are delivered to a high standard.
You will work as part of the Business Support team, supporting you Acas colleagues, and employees / employers across the region. Your responsibilities in the team will include supporting the delivery of Acas services working under the guidance of your manager, as well as support from a coach and a mentor.
The qualification covers everything from the principles of working in business administration, providing customer service, communication and equality and diversity.
For further information about the Government Apprentice Scheme please visit: http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/Be-An-Apprentice.aspx
• Providing support to colleagues involved in resolving workplace disputes.
• Supporting our teams with organising travel and accommodation.
• Identifying useful articles that can be used by our Regional Publicity Manager.
• Providing administrative support for conferences and events.
• Proof reading and editing copy for events and other activities, gathering data and preparing reports
• Assisting with meeting set up for operational staff when appropriate
• Work towards completing Level 3 Business Administration qualification
• Other Ad Hoc duties that are covered by the Business Support Team
• Proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office packages and SharePoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - able to communicate in a friendly, open and constructive manner with a diverse range of people.
• Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and be proactive.
• Highly organised, motivated and able to prioritise workload accordingly.
• Must have 5 GCSEs at grade C or the new grade level 4 in English Language and Maths (or equivalent).
Please note that if you already have qualifications above level 3, e.g. you are a Graduate, this post may not be suitable for you.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
• Access to learning and development tailored to your role
• A working environment that supports a range of flexible working options
• A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
• A civil service pension
You’ll get all the benefits of an apprenticeship – paid work experience, valuable skills and a recognised qualification and you’ll get the chance to work alongside experienced and enthusiastic colleagues. Your apprenticeship will last for 18 months. We’ll train you in a range of different aspects of our work, and you’ll take on real office responsibilities every day. Along the way, you’ll be supported by your manager and a mentor.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles
, and will assess your Behaviours and Strengths.
The selection process is in two stages: initial sift, and then a blended behaviour and strength based interview.
Your application form will be reviewed to assess your suitability for the post. If you pass this stage, and you have met the essential and eligibility criteria for appointment, you will be shortlisted for interview.
We anticipate that interviews are likely to take place at Acas Bristol offices on 13th September 2019, but this will depend on the number of applications received.
Please complete the application form attached addressing the behaviours and essential criteria listed in no more than 250 words for each along with the diversity monitoring form to Mary-Anne Birch at MABIRCH@acas.org.uk
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code
sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
|Job contact :|
|Name : || ||Mary-Anne Birch|
|Email : || ||MABIRCH@acas.org.uk|
|Recruitment team :|
|Email : || ||MABIRCH@acas.org.uk|
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Code and you wish to make a complaint, you should contact us on HRRecruitment@acas.org.uk in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us, you can contact the Civil Service Commission.