Acas Office Leeds - The Cube, 123 Albion Street, Leeds, LS2 8ER
About the job
To be part of a centralised team which provides administrative support to the Acas Yorkshire & Humber office. The role requires the officer to liaise with both internal and external customers and offers a wide variety of duties.
These operations include making the necessary arrangements for training events and meetings, hospitality, bookings, preparation of training materials and record keeping. Business support including ordering stationery, maintaining spreadsheet records, print and post services of all outgoing correspondence, preparation of posters and marketing material. All in accordance with the local service level agreement.
- Liaising with customers and staff in a polite, dignified and respectful manner responding to their needs and priorities in line with the local service level agreement. Working closely with all teams to maintain good working relationships.
- Answering calls promptly and taking accurate messages and communicating them to the appropriate recipient in a timely manner.
- Making necessary arrangements for meetings/events ensuring that rooms and venues are booked, catering arrangements made and venues appropriately set up and serviced accordingly.
- Check and maintain the local meeting rooms’ diary and email groups in respect of training events.
- Production of accurate training materials in advance of events including associated recording of information and subsequent action evaluation documentation in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and maintaining appropriate stationery levels and subsequent expenditure records to assist in budgetary control.
- Monitoring, requesting and maintaining corporate. manslaughter documents.
- Recording and checking of all expenses claims.
- Recording and processing of invoices and HR forms.
- Ensuring that all office equipment faults are reported. immediately and rectified promptly in line with the service level agreement.
- Opening incoming post and dispatching outgoing mail in line with the local service level agreement.
- Usage of Government Procurement Card (GPC) to purchase items where necessary.
- Adhere to GPC card holder policy and procedures.
- Make rail & hotel bookings using the government framework supplies.
- Production of absence and any other monthly stats as required
- Support the Line Manager where appropriate
- Support the Training & Regional Publicity Managers in the production of posters and marketing materials for event packs and electronic sends.
- Preparing and sending tweets.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
Acas automatically enrols new employees to the ‘ALPHA’ Pension Scheme. However there is also the choice of the ‘Partnership’ pension scheme (Civil Service Additional Voluntary Contribution (CSAVC) Scheme), or you can opt out of the Pension Scheme.
If you already have a pension scheme, you may be able to transfer the benefits into the Civil Service Pension Scheme. If you have been a member of the Civil Service pension arrangements before, you may be eligible for a different pension choice.
As a new employee to Acas, you will be entitled to 25 days paid annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service. You will also be entitled to 9 days paid privilege and public holidays a year (pro rata).
Tax Free Childcare is now in affect and will formally replace the childcare voucher scheme in October 2018. Under this new scheme the Government will pay £2 for every £8 parents pay their childcare provider. For further information please click here.
From on or after 4 October 2018 any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
Season Ticket Loans
After 12 months’ satisfactory service, we offer interest free loans for the purchase of season tickets, enabling you to get the best discount on your travel.
Cycle to work scheme
If you'd rather hire a bike and cycling equipment to travel to work, we offer a cycle scheme where the hire costs are deducted from your monthly salary. This leads to savings in tax and national insurance.
Acas offer workstation assessments and eye care vouchers for eye tests and/or spectacles for DSE use. We also provide an Employee Assistance Programme which provides expertise and advice on health, wellbeing and lifestyle matters.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles
, and will assess your Behaviours and Strengths.
The criteria being assessed at level 1 of the success profiles framework includes:
• Behaviours - the actions and activities that people do which result in effective performance in a job.
• Strengths - the things we do regularly, do well and that motivate us.
The selection process is in two stages: initial behaviour based sift, and if successful at sift stage you will be invited to a blended behaviour and strength based interview.
How to apply:
Please submit your application form part A, B addressing the listed behaviours in no more than 250 words for each and Diversity monitoring form to: Alexandra McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code
sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available.
You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
|Job contact :|
|Name : || ||Alexandra McDonald|
|Email : || ||email@example.com|
|Recruitment team :|
|Email : || ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Code and you wish to make a complaint, you should contact us on HRRecruitment@acas.org.uk in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us, you can contact the Civil Service Commission.