Victoria Square House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B2 4AJ
About the job
The administrative role comprises working as part of a small team providing support for Good Practice Service (GPS) events and staff, support for internal Individual Dispute Resolution (IDR) and for the Midlands, South West & Wales Duty Cover Team (DCT). It also includes finance processes. The role involves liaising with a wide variety of Acas staff.
You will be the first point of contact for visitors and position plays a major role in how Acas is perceived. Therefore, it is essential that you provide a professional and friendly Customer Service to any visitors.
- To ensure meeting rooms are prepared for events
- Welcoming visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring enquiries
- Checking customer records, producing attendance certificates, creating training material and amending training programmes.
- Printing event materials
- Sending invitation emails to HR Group members
- Recording minutes from meetings and events
- Managing office supplies stock and placing orders
- Ordering lunch buffets
- Reviewing Credit card transactions and applying appropriate codes
- Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, email, face to face), accurate message taking, copying and distributing information as necessary
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles
, and will assess your Behaviours and Strengths.
The criteria being assessed at level 1 of the Success Profile Framework includes:
• Behaviours - the actions and activities that people do which result in effective performance in a job.
• Strengths - the things we do regularly, do well and that motivate us.
The selection process is in two stages: initial sift, and a blended behaviour and strength based interview.
How to apply:
Please submit your application form part A and B addressing the behaviours listed in no more than 250 words for each along with the diversity monitoring form to: email@example.com
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code
sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available.
You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
|Job contact :|
|Name : || ||George Broxton|
|Email : || ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Recruitment team :|
|Email : || ||email@example.com|
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Code and you wish to make a complaint, you should contact us on HRRecruitment@acas.org.uk in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us, you can contact the Civil Service Commission.