Forest Heath District Council Offices, College Heath Road, Mildenhall, Suffolk IP28 7EY
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop your career and work towards a Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
The qualification covers everything from the principles of working in business administration, providing customer service, communication and equality and diversity.
For further information about the Government Apprentice Scheme please visit: http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/Be-An-Apprentice.aspx
To contribute to the effectiveness of the business support team in the East of England.
Acas’ vision is to make working life better for everyone in Britain this is underpinned by our core values: Our Work Matters, Our Customers Matter, Our People Matter and Our Future Matters.
Acas helps employers and employees by providing information, advice, training, conciliation and other services that prevent or resolve workplace problems. There's no charge for most of what we offer.
Acas has been recognised for its Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace from the Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion awards – Disability Confident Highly Commended; Pay Gap award winner and Overall winner for public sector organisations.
Acas is committed to providing services and developing policies which embrace diversity, promote equality of opportunity and eliminate unlawful discrimination.
• Supporting internal staff with organising travel and accommodation making sure all paper work is organised appropriately.
• Working with our trainers and advisers to assist them with training. This will include producing materials accurately and on time, communicating with customers and processing forms.
• Working with our publicity manager to create monthly newsletters for our 16,000 local subscribers
• Helping manage our social media channels - drafting relevant tweets and engaging with customers
• Proof reading
• Setting up meetings, sending invitations and making room bookings
• Making and recording any financial transactions
• Work towards completing Level 3 Business Administration qualification
• Other Ad Hoc duties that are covered by the Business Support Team such as data inputting, file maintenance and spreadsheet management.
• Proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office packages and SharePoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - able to communicate in a friendly, open and constructive manner with a diverse range of people.
• Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and be proactive.
• Highly organised, motivated and able to prioritise workload accordingly.
• Must have 5 GCSEs at grade C or the new grade level 4 in English Language and Maths (or equivalent).
Please note that if you already have qualifications above level 3, e.g. you are a Graduate, this post may not be suitable for you.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
You’ll get all the benefits of an apprenticeship – paid work experience, valuable skills and a recognised qualification and you’ll get the chance to work alongside experienced and enthusiastic colleagues. Your apprenticeship will last for 18 months. We’ll train you in a range of different aspects of our work, and you’ll take on real office responsibilities every day. Along the way, you’ll be supported by your manager and a mentor.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles
, and will assess your Behaviours and Strengths.
The selection process is in two stages: initial sift, and then a blended behaviour and strength based interview.
Your application form will be reviewed to assess your suitability for the post. If you pass this stage, and you have met the essential and eligibility criteria for appointment, you will be shortlisted for interview.
Please complete the application form attached addressing the behaviours and essential criteria listed in no more than 250 words for each along with the diversity monitoring form to Stephanie Austin at SAustin@acas.org.uk
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code
sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available.
You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
|Job contact :|
|Name : || ||Stephanie Austin|
|Email : || ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Recruitment team :|
|Email : || ||email@example.com|
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Code and you wish to make a complaint, you should contact us on HRRecruitment@acas.org.uk in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us, you can contact the Civil Service Commission.