Full job description attached (see below).
ResponsibilitiesAbout the role:
As Agile Delivery Manager (ADM) you will be at the forefront of the project acting as lead technical contact and working with multi-disciplinary, creative teams who embrace challenge and seek opportunities to do things differently. This is an instrumental role in which you will be responsible for maintaining a strong agile culture, working iteratively to achieve effective delivery at pace, managing relationships within and across teams and communicating the product vision, plan and progress to stakeholders with both confidence and drive.
You will lead the collaborative planning process, prioritising work against team capacity and designing methods to promote an open and collaborative working environment in which the team and stakeholders have a strong situational awareness, with team co-ordination ensured.
Working closely with the Product Owner, you will take a continuous delivery approach to manage planning, forecasting and road mapping, creating metrics and contributing to writing user stories. You’ll be able to work autonomously within this learning culture, be a strong negotiator, influencer and mentor, building a dedicated and positive team.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community and from people of diverse ages, experience and backgrounds, including people with disabilities. We are keen to explore the widest possible pool of talent for all our roles.
An experienced, proactive and delivery focused expert, and strong advocate of Agile product delivery practices, you will be confident working with a range of agile methods, frameworks, methodologies and tools and able to understand the best solution in multiple situations. You will be user-focused, with demonstrable experience of delivering robust, secure and inclusive digital products that meet user needs as well as the quality expectations of the organisation.
Join us here in beautiful Kew, just 10 minutes’ walk from the Overground and Underground stations, and you can expect an excellent range of benefits, which includes an opportunity to join the Civil Service Pension Scheme along with flexible working, discounts with local businesses, wellbeing resources, an on-site gym, discounted rates in our on-site café, shop and staff bar.
This is a full time post. However, requests for part-time working, flexible working and job share will be considered, taking into account at all times the operational needs of the Department.
A combination of onsite and home working is available and applicants should be able to regularly travel to our Kew site.
How to apply:
To submit your application please click the 'Apply now' button on this page. You will be asked to write a personal statement and upload your CV. In your personal statement please explain, using examples, how you meet the essential criteria below. You may draw on knowledge, skills, abilities, experience gained from paid work, domestic responsibilities, education, leisure interests and voluntary activities. Please note selection for interview will largely be based on the information you provide in this section so please make full use of the 1250 word count.
1. A proactive, positive and delivery focused expert and strong advocate of Agile product delivery practices. You will have practical experience in a range of agile methods, frameworks, methodologies and tools, and understand which best to apply in a given situation.
2. User-focused, with proven experience of delivering robust, secure and inclusive digital products that meet user needs, technical requirements, legal or policy constraints and the quality expectations of the business.
3. Comfortable working in a continuous learning environment, dealing with ambiguity and change and balancing multiple priorities. Ability to work autonomously and know when to consult.
4. Skilled at building trust, reflecting, motivating and challenging the team, and innovating to create or tailor new ways of working.
5. Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills, allowing you to engage with team members, colleagues and senior stakeholders, build effective relationships and achieve buy-in collaboratively.
6. Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams, with a proven ability to build a positive team culture, support teams in becoming self-organising and coaching and mentoring team members who are new to agile ways of working.
7. Experience of developing product roadmaps, structuring and tracking work, managing spend and communicating and forecasting progress and velocity.
1. Experience working with Research Software Engineers or within a research environment.
2. Knowledge of collaborative tools such as Git, Jira and Slack.
3. Understanding of the digital landscape, with experience of relevant sectors, for example government, culture and heritage, information science, software engineering, and humanities/digital humanities.
4. Understanding or interest in AI, Linked Open Data, crowd sourcing or user experience (UX) design.