Department for Work and Pensions
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 10th July 2022
Type of role
Number of posts
Our team is made up of 1,500 colleagues working collaboratively across 10 portfolio-led teams in a fast-moving environment. Our teams deliver an end-to-end suite of digital products and services that support DWP colleagues and citizens in an ever-evolving technology landscape. Our work is focused around the following 6 themes:
1. Delivering a digital workplace that improves the way we work. We provide the products and services to make our users' jobs easier, encourage greater collaboration and support flexibility in working patterns, locations and on devices of their choice – helping to drive forward DWP’s digital transformation.
2. Delivering high-quality and resilient IT services and support. We are embedding a Full Stack Service Model to integrate our IT operations and ensure our services meet existing and future network demand.
3. Building a world-class performance-focused user experience control centre. We have created an end-to-end, data-driven performance environment to measure our systems and ensure we keep the department functioning.
4. Exploiting and enhancing hybrid cloud services. We provide hybrid cloud services that balance on-premise and public cloud to offer true platform independence and optimum price performance.
5. Protecting and securing our services. We ensure our IT systems remain secure and available, resilient to natural and human-caused disaster – ensuring citizens always have access to our key services.
6. Developing our people, capability and skills. We have created a sustainable service by developing our people, bringing key skills in-house to DWP, giving our teams professional pathways to develop and opportunities to progress within Technology Services.
As we continue our journey to service excellence we have identified a number of opportunities to join our Technology Services team.
Would you enjoy working with cutting edge technology on a large scale to make a difference to millions of people’s lives?
Do you want to be part of an amazing product led team that :
•Support Live Service.
•Develop and maximise adoption of central Secure Hosting Platforms, Products and services.
•Drive Hybrid Cloud adoption across DWP?
As a Product Manager within Hybrid Cloud Services (HCS) you will be responsible for understanding problems our DWP Product Development Units face when deploying and hosting applications to both Public and Private Cloud.
You will be part of an agile squad who have the autonomy to own and solve problems.
The successful applicant will have experience of working with engineers and be confident working in a technical environment. You will have experience of translating technical requirements into user needs. You will be confident in identifying and measuring outcomes/value in a technical service/environment
• Develop the product/service strategy, manage the product roadmap and prioritise the product backlog through a range of techniques to maximise value and return on investment.
• Identify and communicate user needs to the development and delivery team by creating backlog items (user stories) and representing users and stakeholders at team meetings, such as planning and review sessions.
• Define product goals and metrics and monitor performance against outcomes.
• Manage, influence and negotiate with stakeholders and communicate progress and achievements, championing the product within the department.
• Support the professional development of associate product managers and product managers in your area.
This job role may be suitable for hybrid working, which is where an employee works part of the week in their DWP office and part of the week from home. This is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement and your office will be your contractual place of work. The number of days that anyone will be able to work at home will be determined primarily by business need but personal circumstances and other relevant circumstances will also be taken into account. If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid working, including whether a hybrid working arrangement is suitable for you, will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post.
• Annual leave rising up to 30 days, (based on your working pattern).
• Family friendly flexible working arrangements, such as hybrid working, job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
• Learning and development tailored to your role this could include industry recognised qualifications, coaching and mentoring.
• An inclusive and diverse environment with opportunities to join staff networks including: Women’s Network, National Race Network, National Disability Network (THRIVE) and many more.
Salary for this role is from £49,171 (Band min) to £59,589 (Band max).
Existing Civil Servants who secure a new role on lateral transfer should maintain their current salary.
Existing Civil Servants who gain promotion may move to the bottom of the next grade pay scale or 10% increase in salary whichever would be the greater.
Selection process details
Your application will consist of three parts:
1. A Personal Details application form.
2. Your employment history detailing your responsibilities, skills, accomplishments, plus your qualifications and relevant training. Please copy this information into the box field provided.
3. Personal statement of no more than 750 words.
When giving details in your CV and personal statement you should highlight your experience in line with essential criteria below:
• Has developed product plans solving problems in deploying and hosting applications reflecting wider and strategic decisions.
• Worked across different departments to effectively communicate a product vision and gain stakeholder buy in.
• Managed a product through the different stages of the product lifecycle with a different range of stakeholder engagement approaches at each stage.
• Worked with users to articulate their needs and prioritized these to create a product backlog.
The sift panel will use the information in your employment history and personal statement to assess your experience, skills and knowledge against the essential criteria above.
For Hints and Tips on completing your application visit our blog Getting Hired at DWP Digital .
• You will be asked to complete your employment history any information that you would customarily share on a CV should therefore be entered onto the application form.
• Personal details that could be used to identify you including your name, contact details and address must be removed for your application to be considered.
• If your employment history/personal statement contains any personal details your application will be withdrawn.
Stage 2: Interview
If you’re successful at sift stage you will be invited to a video interview via Microsoft Teams.
There, you will be assessed against the experiences listed in the essential criteria above.
Interviews will take place from Late July.
Sift and interview dates to be confirmed.
A reserve list may be held for a period of 6 months from which further appointments can be made.
Reserve list candidates will be posted in merit order by location.
Any move to DWP from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility at here
If successful and transferring from another Government Department a criminal record check may be carried out.
In order to process applications without delay, we will be sending a Criminal Record Check to Disclosure and Barring Service on your behalf. However, we recognise in exceptional circumstances some candidates will want to send their completed forms direct. If you will be doing this, please advise Government Recruitment Service of your intention by emailing Pre-EmploymentChecks.firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number in the subject heading.
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to a check on the Internal Fraud Database (IFD). This check will provide information about employees who have been dismissed for fraud or dishonesty offences. This check also applies to employees who resign or otherwise leave before being dismissed for fraud or dishonesty had their employment continued. Any applicant’s details held on the IFD will be refused employment.
A candidate is not eligible to apply for a role within the Civil Service if the application is made within a 5 year period following a dismissal for carrying out internal fraud against government.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the 'Contact point for applicants' section.
Before applying for this vacancy, current employees of DWP should check whether a successful application would result in changes to their terms & conditions of employment, e.g. mobility, pay, allowances. Civil Servants that would transfer into DWP from other government organisations, following successful application, will assume DWP's terms & conditions of employment current on the day they are posted, unless DWP has stated otherwise in writing.
If a person with disabilities is put at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should:
Contact Government Recruitment Service via email@example.com as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs.
Complete the “Assistance required” section in the “Additional requirements” page of your application form to tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process. For instance, you may need wheelchair access at interview, or if you’re deaf, a Language Service Professional.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
- Name : DWP Digital Group TS Recruitment
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment team :
- Email : email@example.com